5/4/14

Fabrics and Color...



I'm attracted to fabrics that have a calm and  peaceful feel....

My life is so busy that I want to come home, kick off my shoes and feel peaceful...

Its funny how colors effect you....
 Yes,   
its true....

Blues are calming and healing...

Red excites you and gets you going...

Yellow can make you hungry...


Think fast food restaurants! 

They're usually painted in reds and yellows...

Yep...
They want you to eat and go!










I was talking to a woman who was raised in California and had moved to Tahiti with her husband where they raised their family...

She was sharing with me that she had to learn the art of conversation...

When she borrowed something from a neighbor in Tahiti it was custom to sit and chat, have tea and then ask to borrow a hammer or tool of some kind... 
It was rude to borrow and go!

Our American life style is go, go, go...








We sometimes forget to stop and smell the roses... 

















When we get home we want our homes to be a sanctuary of peace and a place of comfort... 















But, we also want to have some fun! 



















This fabric has blues for a calm feel...
 but, a little red for excitement... 


















The more blues you add to it the calmer the feel...

But, if you add more reds, your room is going to have a fun feel... 


Every room in my home has a little blue.....

But, there are different combos of colors in each room.... 

Do the colors you live with effect you?

What colors are you attracted to?
Or
Does every room in your home have a different color combo? 



I'm joining The Blue and White Bash...
Please stop by The Pink Pagoda..






Thanks for visiting,
Julie

 








14 comments:

  1. I'm going into a phase where I'm liking white, with black accents, warmth of wood and some bright colors in small doses. As in flowers, and pillows. I do like shades of blue too. I've never been able to live with red. I enjoy being in homes that are decorated with lots of red, but can't live with it.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I have the exact same design aesthetic. I love these colors, too :)
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. your take on blue and white is gorgeous!

    smiles to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love blues! So serene, cool and calm! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand what you are saying. Our home is black, white, gray whith golds and silvers adding the "life" and warmth! It is very relaxing, and soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely drawn to colours that are calm and soothing, a much needed antidote to our hectic lives, but I do have touches of red to prevent it from being too bland. Lovely post xx Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always been drawn to blues but lately I feel obsessed. I want to do blue in every room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your blue and whites and adding a little red gives just the right punch for a little more fun…happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the fabric? Could you please tell us the name of the fabric? Found your blog thru The Enchanted Home... Love it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie-I love everything here. You know how to choose color!
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love decorating with the color green. Living in the North East blue is not an easy color to live with unless it's mixed with green.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are very few colors I don't like or wouldn't use. My favorite has always been green but lately I'm adding some blue to the mix and I love it! I love all of your fabric combinations!!

    xo
    www.thegreenroominteriors.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the fabrics!!! I have some blue in bedrooms and black and ivory and coral in my living and dining room…always subject to change. I appreciate so many colors and textures…but I like neutrals too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is no secret that I love blue....it is still my go to color when starting a job for sure:)

    ReplyDelete

One Kings Lanes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...